One of our favorite scents for the spring and summer is peppermint essential oil. This refreshing oil is a great multipurpose tool that you can't live without during the warmer months.
1. Bug Spray-Are you put off by the ingredients in conventional bug spray? With just a few simple ingredients including peppermint oil, you can DIY a bug repellent that is safe for the whole family. Check out the Wellness Mama for some great homemade recipes that use peppermint oil.
2. Facial Mist-Have you incorporated facial mists in to your skincare routine yet? If not, what are you waiting for! Different essential oils have different skincare purposes but peppermint works great for dry skin when combined with vitamin E and almond oil. YouTuber Sonal Sagaraya shows you how to customize your own facial mist for your unique skin type.
3. Energizing Aromatherapy-One of the simplest ways to use essential oils is via a diffuser. Diffusing peppermint oil not only gives your space a clean and refreshing smell, but it also has an energizing effect, especially on a hot and humid day!
4. Sore muscles-Sore back after a long day in the gardening or playing outside with the kids? Create an easy muscle rub by combining peppermint oil and coconut oil, then massage in to any sore muscles that are causing you pain. Menthol, the main ingredient in most traditional muscle rubs is an organic compound made from peppermint and other mint oils.
5. Sunburn relief-The cooling effects of peppermint oil can provide immediate relief to your skin after prolonged sun exposure. Apply it either directly or dilute the peppermint oil with almond oil to help relieve sunburnt skin.
Do you have any uses for peppermint oil that we forgot to mention? Let us know! Also, don't forget to checkout our new Room & Air Spray in Rosemary and Mint for easy and instant aromatherapy that will freshen any space.
Comments will be approved before showing up.