Cleaning was becoming an increasingly difficult task for new mom Elaine while suffering contact allergies from many common cleaning products. Just when she was feeling like she was out of options she discovered The Optimist Co. and sent us a heartfelt letter expressing her thanks for finally finding cleaning products she could use safely. Elaine is not alone in her struggles with contact allergies and proves relief is possible!
"The final straw was when I became pregnant with my child and realized that not only was my skin breaking out but I was beginning to feel dizzy when breathing in the fumes from the chemicals I was using to clean my home. I figured there just had to be a better way. And there is!"
A: I have MANY reasons for switching to chemical-free cleaning. I suffer from extremely sensitive skin, and I've found over the years that exposure to harsh chemicals is a trigger for an awful contact allergy which causes itchy, red hives on my face and neck. After having found a skincare regimen that worked for me, I was still having issues with flare-ups. After speaking with my dermatologist, she suggested I limit my exposure to cleaning products and to use a mask and gloves, and only when absolutely necessary. Naturally, I was inclined to wait until my bathtub was full of soap scum and hard water stains. Time and again, I'd clean my bathroom and discover a new breakout on my skin. The final straw was when I became pregnant with my child and realized that not only was my skin breaking out but I was beginning to feel dizzy when breathing in the fumes from the chemicals I was using to clean my home. I figured there just had to be a better way. And there is!
A: I absolutely love that the products are all-natural, organic ingredients that I've actually heard of! The Optimist Co. ingredient lists are also incredibly short, so there's no sorting through dozens of ingredients to find the one that I know I can't use. It's so refreshing to have effective cleaning supplies that are safe to use around my child, too! I know every parent worries about their children getting into harmful items around the house and now my cleaners aren't even an issue! God knows there are so many other things to think and worry about; the last thing I want is to top it all off with that potentially horrifying question: "What has my child eaten!?"
A: My favorite, by far, is the make your own cleaner kit! It's a fabulous value, for one thing. I've purchased essential oils from other companies and they charge far more for one small bottle of oil than the entire cost of the kit. And the kit includes three bottles of multi-purpose essential oils. I love that the recipes for the two most popular cleaners are included, but also recipes for other cleaners I might need. And the best thing of all: there's plenty of supplies to create several bottles of each cleaner plus some of the other recipes mentioned as well. Now how can you beat that!?
A: My husband is an outdoor kind of guy. He works outdoors, plays outdoors, fishes, hunts, builds, paints, and all the rest! Of course this wreaks absolute havoc on my poor bathtub. I used to agonize over which toxic tub and shower cleaner to purchase at the grocery store. Believe me, I tried them all- even the cleaners boasting about how they clean without scrubbing. (yeah right!) I can say without a doubt that the all-purpose cleaner from The Optimist Co. is as good or better than any chemical-based cleaner I ever tried. Just spray and wait for a minute or two, then wipe. My tub has never been this clean with so little sacrifice- both of my time and of my health!
Comments will be approved before showing up.